PhotonX, the award-winning terminal “Lottery Product of the Year”_PGRI March/April 2020
PhotonX, the award-winning terminal “Lottery Product of the Year”
INTRALOT proudly lifted the curtain on its new lightning-fast performing terminal PhotonX at this year’s ICE exhibition in London,. PhotonX has already got significant market traction proof of which is the “Lottery Product of the Year” award it received at IGA 2020 in London, a prestigious international competition that recognizes the most innovative companies and products of the gaming world based on the views of leading gaming operators and industry professionals.
The development of our PhotonX terminal, has been based on our flagship Photon terminal design, value-engineered to deliver even more powerful performance, more cost efficiencies and a multitude of retailer centric features. transforming it to become the heart of the modern lottery POS .
After 26 years of continuous R&D efforts, numerous innovation awards and more than 300,000 lottery terminals deployed worldwide, INTRALOT is widely considered as a trendsetter and innovator in the gaming terminal category. INTRALOT was the first vendor to patent and introduce the camera-based technology to read Lottery playslips, replacing the legacy and fault-prone scanner technology. Today, we have more than 55k camera-based terminals in the field, the majority of which are our proven PHOTON terminal deployed in 12 countries and 20 jurisdictions around the world.
“This important distinction is a special honor for us since it verifies and rewards INTRALOT’s commitment to deliver innovative products and solutions that shape the future of gaming. We would like to take this opportunity to thank our Customers and Partners as well as our Engineering and Products teams who made this achievement possible. We look forward to providing even more innovative and exciting options to better serve our valued clientele while offering a dynamic players’ experience”.
- Mr. Fotis Konstantellos, Group Chief Lotteries Officer of INTRALOT
PhotonX carries all the features and capabilities inherited from the field-proven PHOTON camera-based terminal, in terms of operational efficiencies, increased uptime and sales productivity while leverages the latest technologies to deliver:
- the industry’s top performance by incorporating a selectable range of the most powerful Intel multi-core processing units with expandable memory capability
- the outmost retailer convenience with a wide HD/Full HD bezeless touchscreen 15’’ or larger
- wireless capability to securely connect peripherals and implement BYOD and proximity marketing initiatives
- large storage capacity with a range of SSD options
- retailer convenience with a range of add-on peripherals (i-Button, barcode gun, fingerprint scanner, card readers, etc.) that can be added on the fly
- in-shop marketing capabilities by supporting playslips/forms of any shape and color, transforming the player experience with special draws and other campaigns
- more field service efficiencies with a modular design that dramatically reduces field service time
- maximum comfort and safety to the retailer with its unique “C-shaped” form, re-designed with curved surfaces, rounded edges and corners
Based on our broad operational experience with content-rich games like keno and sports betting and being pioneers in multimedia content delivery in the lottery industry, we have equipped our PhotonX terminal with unparalleled multimedia capability. The new PhotonX carries a powerful multimedia processor which can drive up to 4 screens in total, including a multimedia FHD and even a 4K display, minimizing the need to deploy costly multimedia controllers to deliver rich content in the POS.
Following INTRALOT’s 3600 customer-centric approach, PhotonX offers a range of benefits to the Lottery Operator, the Retailer and the Player of the retail touchpoint.